Project Wasteless is the national level food waste prevention programme of Hungary, organised by the National Food Chain Safety Office (Nébih). The programme was launched in 2016 with the support the EU LIFE Framework.
As part of Project Wasteless…
- we collect data on household food waste in Hungary, which is part of the obligatory data reporting to the European Commission,
- we operate an extensive educational programme targeting children,
- we conduct a consumer campaign with awareness-raising and motivational messages, practical ideas, and basic knowledge about food waste,
- we collect and promote food waste prevention best practices among the food supply chain,
- we collaborate with other food waste related projects in Hungary and Europe.